http://tearosehome.blogspot.com/- This is where I found my inspiration. I loved how there were layers and how it had ruffles! Oh and as miss M would say- "she's got sleeves, so she's being modest- right mom?!"
I started by cutting off the chest distraction of a halter and sewed in a t-shirt with sleeves. I then found another t-shirt at a thrift store on a 50% off day for $1.50, I cut this into strips and sewed them on a 4 instead of a 2 for tension and then pulled o thread till i got the desired ruffle. I then sewed then on- but different from the above picture decided to cascade it from one side to the other. The difficult part was holding the fabric tight so it would lay flat and not gather the dress underneath the ruffles.
The pictures don't do it justice, especially since I was trying to take them of myself.

I think I am going to live in this dress this summer- it is soooo comfortable you almost feel like you are in your jammies!

So the next time you see something that isn't exactly what you want, look past it and see the possibilities!
2 comments:
sew cute!! That's supposed to be a funny joke... lame sense of humour, I know. But the dress is really cute, good job!
You do realize, of course, that if you keep doing creative and amazing things like this, you will be asked to give a presentation at an enrichment, right?
Post a Comment