Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Mother

My Mother, ... (song from Peter Pan comes to mind)

Can you see the Smile on my Mom's face? I love her enthusiastic fun loving smile that is more often than not on her face. I am grateful for a mother who I am proud to call a close friend, one that I call (almost) every day to either laugh,cry, or simply listen. I talked to her this morning and she told me that I was a great Mom, what I failed to respond is that most of that is in part to how she raised me. We were raised in a very obedient and righteous home, one where I learned to pray and listen to the spirit- This is my other 1/2 of parenting advice, and I am so glad she taught me to listen to the spirit. She is a strong women and has a high pain tolerance- something else I'm glad I inherited.I am grateful that each time I've had a child she has come to be with me and help me after the child is born, also each time I've moved she has been the packing and stacking Queen- she also taught me to be organized. I could go on all day, but then I would be neglecting my own children and that is not something my mother taught me- so I'll end with, I love you Mom!

No comments: