Thursday, May 5, 2011

The decorating Bug part 3


So my good friend Abby, is Amazing at designing and decorating. She took the time to impart some wisdom to me the other day and it became contagious. I started by framing some fabric to decorate Miss M.'s side of the room ( as we have 1 girl and 2 boys in the same room decorating was tricky) I then decided to co-ordinate the baskets on the bookshelf to match. I loved it! The colours even match her quilt- which was mine when I was little.

I found this at a free giveaway in Calgary and was excited that it was already painted white and ready to go. This is originally a plate display, another friend of mine, Chelsea gave me the inspiration to try this as she has a double one in her home. Its great as the kids can reach and put away (my fav. part)and it ads some shape to the room.

Next a small mirror also from the giveaway. I used a pizza box for cardboard. After gluing the box to the back, I then proceeded to use left over fabric to make fabric roses. This was more time consuming than I had hoped, thank goodness for two hour shows like Biggest Looser. :)

We finished up with a free dresser that someone was getting rid of- add a splash of white paint and then I used mason jar rings, dipped in paint to make the circles. Hope you enjoy the girly side of the room-I know Miss M does!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the dresser!!

Marie said...

Ooooh! The roses mirror is SOOOO pretty!

Memories On The Go said...

Must of taken hours to make the roses. The dresser is amazing. Now I have so many cool ideas floating around my head for my room. Julia