Our room! It needed a little more romance and new placement of furniture as I was getting bored with it!I wanted to make some sort of headboard, but could not afford a new bed frame- so I decided to go with a framed head board of sorts.I love our white bed spread and red and black accents in the room (ironically our wedding colours)

I love having a wedding picture and our certificate of Eternal marriage on the wall so we can see them often!I also love the picture taken by Rhonda of Big Daddyo and I with our hands forming a heart on my pregnant belly. We bought this dresser when we first got married with gift card from my fav. Ikea!!!
I made the curtains from a queen size sheet from a thrift store. I think this room cost less than 20$ to spruce up. I loved the way this fabric brought design to the colours we were already working with.
I layered two bed skirts to brake up the whit and red- we are very patriotic. :)
I found these plastic frames at the thrift store- not sure what they were supposed to be?But i painted them black, cut out cardboard for the backing and covered them with the same fabric as the curtains. I felt it turned out real elegant.
I love my Joseph Smith picture- as I like Emma love to have my hair brushed by my husband!
I also really like our folding frame- these are all engagement pictures, fun to look at and remember.

I had an extra circle frame (these are hard to find- the one in Miss M's room was a clock)so I covered the cardboard and put screws into it to hang my necklaces off of.

This is our family growth Chart inspired my my older sister- it was really plain for a while but then I got the Big E from someone who was getting rid of it and after a little paint felt it finished it off perfectly. Hope you enjoy seeing the new decor in out humble home!
2 comments:
LOVE the fabric in the circular frames. Very shee-shee-foo-foo.
You are really on a decorating bliz!
How fun to work on your bedroom. You really moved every piece of furniture--looks so lovely! Nice not to have a pack & play in your room, eh!! You are so creative! Tradition: as your old curtains were made from a bed sheet and now your new ones are too--why not!!!
Post a Comment