Saturday, October 12, 2013

Name choice!

I thought I would share why the name Logan meant so much to us and why we chose it. Logan means "in the hollow" this immediately made me think of the song "in the hollow of thy hand" which I remember hearing my Dad sing often during my childhood. This song talks about being in the hollow of God's hand as we grow in this life and I really liked that idea for the meaning behind our Son's name. I also feel that now at this time when he is struggling that God is mindful of him and truly holding him in His hand! Also the middle name will be Samuel, this name is from my Fathers side of his family going back many generations but it is also a boy prophet in the bible who listens and obeys God when he calls. The meaning for the name Samuel is "God hears you" and I truly believe that he does, when times are good and when times are tough-so thank you again for your thoughts and prayers for our Logan Samuel Elford.

2 comments:

Miss C said...

Those are some awesome reasons for the name of your son. Still praying.

Unknown said...

What a lovely explanation. I can't wait to meet him. Grow, little bud! Stay healthy. <3