Thursday, September 12, 2013
Ouch!
So today after we got home from school Mr Ry was in a bit of a mood. He was yelling and screaming at me at the top of his lungs.I informed him that his consequence would be that he had to wait an extra 10 min to join us for his lunch. This of course brought on a whole new level of yelling and I asked do you yell like this to your teacher? His response cut like a knife, "no!, but you are not my teacher" I said "no,I'm not your teacher, I Am your Mother!" Ry"no! your nothing!!!" Wow! I'm grateful for good days and clinging to the thought that he most likely did not understand what his words truly meant. It is not an easy job being a stay at home Mom and it has its ups and downs with out much praise. Just yesterday I was so grateful that I was a stay at home Mom because this same child had decided to confide a fear/insecurity he was dealing with, very spontaneously in the middle of the day.I told Big Daddyo had I been a working Mom I would have missed that precious moment. Today I could have done with out the moment of being refereed to as "nothing" in the eyes of my son! But I guess that is one of the hazards of my current occupation, there are some great highs and some low lows- hopefully today will get better and there will be many more highs than lows in the future. Good thing I love my Son regardless of what words leave his mouth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh dear, my heart ached as I read what your dear son shouted at you in a moment of anger. You are so right about the ups & downs!! No, don't take it personally even thought it hurts so much. I have found that those that seem the most unlovable actually need our love ever so much. Someday when he is a parent, he will better understand. You are not only a GREAT Mom but indeed you are his BEST Teacher :)
You are the BEST mom in the World!! Love Scott
Post a Comment