Friday, November 25, 2011

Surgery- through Miss M's eyes


This is me before I leave the house with my doll Madison, I feel good, thumbs up.


This is me in my stripped pajamas at the hospital and I brought a stripped blanket for my doll to match. ( A true girl, the need for everything to match and she's not even 5)


I'm in the wagon ready to go in the operating room, my doll and I have matching bracelets.I'm holding a card I made for the Dr. while waiting to go in. (still smiling!)



This is me after surgery with a sore throat, but I did really good drinking my water. Can you see my IV- special needle in my hand- when they took it out it squirted blood on me and the nurse.



The boys brought me flowers at the hospital. Pink roses with babies breath. We watched a leap frog movie together in recovery. We even got to play in a large play room, down the hall from my room.

I asked Miss M to describe what she was doing or how she felt in each picture- hope you have enjoyed her first attempt at blogging and hearing about her tonsil surgery. She has recovered like a champ and after only one week is no longer taking any painkillers- so proud of my tough little girl!

4 comments:

Miss C said...

Maddy you are a natural blogger! You should start your very own! I am so proud of you and your conquering of the surgery!

Roy Saunderson said...

What lovely pictures and sharing of Madison's story. We just got back home and took a look before we went to bed. Madison you were very brave!! Love to you from Grandma and Granddaddyo XOXO

Abby Metz said...

"like"

Marie said...

So scary to go to the hospital when you are so little! What a brave kid!