Friday, March 18, 2011

My Hero


Mr. Ry, posing to his fans. So I found a tutorial on one of the many blogs I follow to make a hero cape out of my husbands old T-shirts. It was so easy and only required sewing to add the lightning bolt and the "R"on the back. It was so fun to see my little mans excitment over his new cape. He has requested that I make him 5 more.


For about 20 min. he chased his sister around the kitchen, both laughing the whole time. I loved how if flapped behind him when he ran fast.


The lightning bolt and "R" for super Ry.

This is his super hero pose, he does it quite often. At gymnastic when it his turn to run and jump into the foam pit, he backs up strikes this pose and then run as fast as he can into the foam blocks! He cracks me up to say the least.

Miss M also requested that I make her one with a flower on the back and an "M" for supper "M"- They are characters but most of all my hero's.

The cape is simply the back of the shirt cut to the shape you want and cut around the neck hole and either tie it like I did or add Velcro to attach the cape- Give it a try!

4 comments:

Memories On The Go said...

You are AMAZING!!! Nice that you could personalize their capes. The joy you must feel in making them something that brings them such happiness, alone or together.

My Many Coloured Days said...

Love it. They look amazing. Why do you not have an ETSY shop??? You told me about these on the phone, so it's fun to see them. PS - your house looks so nice and tidy.

Marie said...

Where was this six months ago? Carter had a superhero birthday party and I sewed capes for all the kids. This would have been so much easier. Sigh.

Abby Metz said...

cute!