Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Too soon.
Mr.Ry told Big Daddyo that he did not love him anymore. He was upset and has been expressing himself with lots of attitude lately. I was caught off guard by the comment, I thought we had at least 10 years till we would hear this phrase. I knew we would hear it at some point as I know that I had said these harsh word to my parents on occasion. It never crossed my mind how much these words could hurt till I became the parent and will one day hear it from my child. This brief climps into our future will make me that much more grateful for the simple elegance of my children's "I Love You". I hope each of you can appreciate every time you hear those precious words, I love you! Also I hope my parents know that as a parent now myself I more than ever before regret those harsh words that cut so deep and offer a simple I love you to both my Dad and my Mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thank You:) I believe the greatest joys and the greatest pains come from parenting. Yet unconditional love helps heal the wounds. Know of my love.
Children get frustrated sometimes and he now has words to express it, even if they aren't the right ones. Even children say things they don't mean. Yesterday rose my voice and it made Kassie cry. She looked at me like she felt I didn't love her anymore. It broke my heart and cuddled her for a long time. We're learning how to be parents while they learn everything.
I too have experienced these words said to me too. I was hurt and I felt the slight sting to those words that my parents must have felt when I said those words to them. But I was like 10 when it happened. My child told me these words at the ripe age of 4.
Post a Comment