Friday, January 14, 2011

Sesame street


Miss M. got invited to a Sesame Street Birthday Party and again with $ being tight we decided to get crafty. We started with some 1X6 MDF Wood, a saw,crayons and a little imagination. This little boy is special to Miss M. as he walks her from the pew in the chapel to Nursery each week. We found pictures of Sesame Street characters online and free handed them onto the wood and added a splash of colour. We are also including a book and the wood figures can either adrone a bookshelf, dresser or be played with as I sanded them smooth. They were really easy and since a good friend gave me the wood it cost me $0.00! Remember when money is tight it can either drive you to insanity or creativity- both end in a "y"- so Y not choose option #2! Have fun and feel free to share any creative / low budget ideas you have made.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

bahaha. Y. You're such a cheese.

Marie said...

You have a blog! I am so happy! I found you through a comment over at Rhonda's.

That was a great gift, and he loves them. So glad to have had Miss M over. I'm sure my guy is going to be super sad when you move out East. As will I.

Scott and Tisha said...

Thanks Marie- I had wanted to tell you about my blog, but did not want you to see my frugal one about your sons gift :s - oh well, Glad you found it! We will certainly miss all of our dear friends in this ward.